If you need to schedule eye exams for patients enrolled in clinical trials, please contact us with the following information in your request:
- Email Subject Line: Request for Research Appointment | IRB #
- Name of Research Subject
- Preferred date of visit
- Ophthalmology/Optometry subspecialist needed (if you do not know which doctor or subspecialty is best for your study, we will help you find the appropriate faculty member)
- IRB #
- Brief Summary of Clinical Trial
- Research subject visit log (to assist us in scheduling future visits)
After reviewing your request and protocol, we can assign an appropriate subspecialist to your study patient and make necessary appointments.
- Confirmation of appointment times are dependent upon availability of the assigned doctor. In general, we typically confirm within 48 hours. Please allow additional time for requests received on Fridays.
- Appointments will be confirmed via email. The CRC is responsible for notifying the patient of the time and location of the eye clinic (DCAM Suite 1B). Please bring all necessary paperwork to each visit if it needs to be signed by the eye doctor.
- Cancellations: Please notify us if plans changed or the patient is no longer able to keep his or her appointment with us.
- If required by research study, the Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) will place orders in Epic per protocol and route to treating physician to sign.
- If the eye exam is research related (and being paid by research), make sure the Order Class is changed to Research.
- Please make sure the patient has a Research Guarantor Account created so that the research bill will drop to the appropriate account.
- Because accommodations and appointments are often made with short notice in order to coordinate all aspects of the research study, the CRC should advise the patient that eye appointments are overbooked and it may take anywhere from 2-3 hours to be seen by an eye doctor.
- Patients need sign and complete a consent form before having research-related procedures ordered and scheduled.